Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Effects of Selective Polymerization Conditions on Physical Properties of Nanometer-Scale Silica/Polypyrrole Composites
- Effects of Selective Polymerization Conditions on Physical Properties of Nanometer-Scale Silica/Polypyrrole Composites
- Jung, Y[Jung, Yongju]; Kim, S[Kim, Seok]; Spray, RL[Spray, Ryan L.]; Yang, HJ[Yang, Hye Jeong]; Park, SH[Park, Seong-Hyo]; Kim, S[Kim, Seokhyeon]; Lee, H[Lee, Hochun]
- DGIST Authors
- Park, SH[Park, Seong-Hyo]; Kim, S[Kim, Seokhyeon]; Lee, H[Lee, Hochun]
- Issue Date
- Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society, 36(12), 2881-2884
- Article Type
- Electric Conductivity; Electrical Conductivity; Ions; Nano-Meter Scale; Oxidizing Agents; Polymerization; Polypyrrole; Polypyrrole (PPy); Polypyrroles; Pyrrole Monomers; Reactant Concentrations; Selective Polymerization; Selective Polymerizations; Silica; Silica Surface
- Nanometer-scale (approximately 70 nm) silica/polypyrrole composites were synthesized using a selective polymerization based on an in situ-generated strong oxidizing agent (NO+ ions) on the silica surface. The effects of the concentrations of reactants (pyrrole monomer and NO2- ions) and the presence of additional dopant anions (Cl- or SO2-4) on the polypyrrole (ppy) content and electric conductivity of the silica/ppy composites are examined. It was found that the ppy content in the silica/ppy composites increased with the reactant concentration in the range of 0.02-0.2 M. It is revealed that employing additional dopant anions could be a promising way to improve the electrical conductivity of the composites. © 2015 Korean Chemical Society, Seoul & Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
- Wiley-VCH Verlag
- Related Researcher
Electrochemistry Laboratory for Sustainable Energy(ELSE)
Lithium-ion batteries; Novel Materials for rechargeable batteries; Novel energy conversion;storage systems; Electrochemistry; 리튬이차전지; 이차전지용 신규 전극 및 전해액; 신규 에너지변환 및 저장 시스템; 전기화학
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Energy Science and EngineeringElectrochemistry Laboratory for Sustainable Energy(ELSE)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.