Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
Crystal structure of barium perchlorate anhydrate, Ba(ClO4)2, from laboratory X-ray powder data
- Crystal structure of barium perchlorate anhydrate, Ba(ClO4)2, from laboratory X-ray powder data
- Lee, Jeong Hoo H.; Kang, Ji Hoon; Lim, Sung Chul; Hong, Seung Tae
- DGIST Authors
- Hong, Seung Tae
- Issue Date
- Acta Crystallographica Section E: Crystallographic Communications, 71, 588-591
- Article Type
- The previously unknown crystal structure of barium perchlorate anhydrate, determined and refined from laboratory X-ray powder diffraction data, represents a new structure type. The title compound was obtained by heating hydrated barium perchlorate [Ba(ClO4)2·xH2O] at 423 K in vacuo for 6 h. It crystallizes in the orthorhombic space group Fddd. The asymmetric unit contains one Ba (site symmetry 222 on special position 8a), one Cl (site symmetry 2 on special position 16f) and two O sites (on general positions 32h). The structure can be described as a three-dimensional polyhedral network resulting from the corner- and edge-sharing of BaO12 polyhedra and ClO4 tetrahedra. Each BaO12 polyhedron shares corners with eight ClO4 tetrahedra, and edges with two ClO4 tetrahedra. Each ClO4 tetrahedron shares corners with four BaO12 polyhedra, and an edge with the other BaO12 polyhedron. © 2015, International Union of Crystallography. All rights reserved.
- International Union of Crystallography
- Related Researcher
Discovery Lab(Batteries & Materials Discovery Laboratory)
Magnesium, sodium and lithium ion rechargeable batteries; New inorganic materials discovery; Solid state chemistry; Crystallography; Mg, Na, Li 이온 이차전지; 신 무기재료 합성; 고체화학; 결정화학
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Energy Science and EngineeringDiscovery Lab(Batteries & Materials Discovery Laboratory)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.