Cited 2 time in
Cited 2 time in
Enhanced Performance of Polymer Solar Cells with a Fluorocyanophenyl Compound as an Additive
- Enhanced Performance of Polymer Solar Cells with a Fluorocyanophenyl Compound as an Additive
- Jeong, Seonju; Woo, Sungho; Lyu, Hong-Kun; Kim, Wook Hyun; Sung, Shi-Joon; Han, Yoon Soo
- DGIST Authors
- Woo, Sungho; Lyu, Hong-Kun; Sung, Shi-Joon
- Issue Date
- Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 14(12), 9219-9223
- Article Type
- The efficiency of polymer solar cells (PSCs) with P3HT [poly(3-hexyl thiophene)]: PC61BM [[6,6]-phenyl C61-butyric acid methyl ester] blend film was improved by the incorporation of a fluorocyanophenyl compound, 3,4,5,6-tetrafluorophthalonitrile (TFP), as an additive. When the amount of TFT additive was 5 wt% based on the total amount of P3HT and PC61BM, the highest efficiency was achieved. The annealed PSC with 5 wt% TFP had a power conversion efficiency of 4.45% compared with that (3.57%) of the reference cell without the additive, which corresponds to an increase of about 18.7% in the efficiency due to an enhancement in the short circuit current (Jsc). A seriese of measurements such as UV-visible absorption spectroscopy, X-ray measurements, atomic force microscopic images and incident photon to current conversion efficiency (IPCE) spectra revealed that the increased Jsc in the PSC with P3HT:PC61BM:TFP blend film was due to an improvement in both exciton generation and charge transport efficiency, resulting from higher absorbance, larger crystal size and more effective phase separation. Copyright © 2014 American Scientific Publishers All rights reserved.
- American Scientific Publishers
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Solar Energy1. Journal Articles
Intelligent Devices and Systems Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.