Cited 4 time in
Cited 4 time in
Efficiency Enhancement of Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells by Interface Modification Between Photoanode and Electrolyte
- Efficiency Enhancement of Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells by Interface Modification Between Photoanode and Electrolyte
- Kim, JT[Kim, Jong Tae]; Han, YS[Han, Yoon Soo]
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, JT[Kim, Jong Tae]
- Issue Date
- Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 14(8), 5921-5925
- Article Type
- Conduction Band Edge; Conduction Band Edge Shift; Conduction Bands; Conversion Efficiency; Dye-Sensitized Solar Cell; Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells (DSCs); Electrochemical Impedance Spectra; Electrodes; Electrolytes; Electronic Band Structure; Incident Photon-to-Current Conversion Efficiencies; LiOH; Open Circuit Voltage; Photovoltaic Effects; Power Conversion Efficiencies; Solar Cells; Surface Dipole; Titanium Dioxide
- A nanoporous TiO2 layer on a transparent electrode was modified with an aqueous lithium hydroxide solution by a simple dipping process, and effects of the modified electrode on the photovoltaic properties of dye-sensitized solar cells were investigated. The modification led to a considerable improvement of 23.6% in power conversion efficiency due to an increase in both open circuit voltage and fill factor. From the measurements of the electronic band structure, electrochemical impedance spectra and incident photon-to-current conversion efficiency, it was revealed that the modification by LiOH formed a surface dipole on the TiO2 electrode, leading to a negative shift of conduction band edge of TiO2. Copyright © 2014 American Scientific Publishers.
- American Scientific Publishers
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.