Cited 1 time in
Cited 1 time in
Improved Photovoltaic Properties of Polymer Solar Cells with a Phenyl Compound as an Additive
- Improved Photovoltaic Properties of Polymer Solar Cells with a Phenyl Compound as an Additive
- Jeong, Seonju; Woo, Sung-Ho; Lyu, Hong-Kun; Kim, Cham; Kim, Wook Hyun; Han, Yoon Soo
- DGIST Authors
- Woo, Sung-Ho; Lyu, Hong-Kun; Kim, Cham
- Issue Date
- Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 14(8), 5988-5992
- Article Type
- A phenyl compound with electron withdrawing substituents, 3-fluoro-4-cyanophenol (FCP), was used as an additive in polymer solar cells with a P3HT [poly(3-hexyl thiophene)]:PCBM [[6,6]-phenyl-C61-butyric acid methyl ester] blend film. Under simulated solar illumination of AM 1.5 (100 mW/cm 2), the devices fabricated using a P3HT:PCBM (1:0.9 w:w) layer blended with 5 wt% of FCP achieved an enhanced power conversion efficiency (PCE) of 4.8% due to the improved short circuit current and fill factor, as compared to reference cells with PCE = 4.1%. UV-visible absorption spectra, X-ray measurements and carrier mobility studies revealed that FCP facilitated the ordering of the P3HT chains, resulting in higher absorbance, larger crystal size, closer packing and enhanced hole mobility. Copyright © 2014 American Scientific Publishers.
- American Scientific Publishers
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Solar Energy1. Journal Articles
Intelligent Devices and Systems Research Group1. Journal Articles
Magnet-Controlled Materials Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.