Cited 41 time in
Cited 42 time in
Relative Impedance Control for Dual-Arm Robots Performing Asymmetric Bimanual Tasks
- Relative Impedance Control for Dual-Arm Robots Performing Asymmetric Bimanual Tasks
- Lee, J[Lee, Jinoh]; Chang, PH[Chang, Pyung Hun]; Jamisola, RS[Jamisola, Rodrigo S., Jr.]
- DGIST Authors
- Jamisola, RS[Jamisola, Rodrigo S., Jr.]
- Issue Date
- IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 61(7), 3786-3796
- Article Type
- Asymmetric Bimanual Task (ABT); Dual Arm; Ideal-Velocity Feedback (IVF); Impedance Control; Jacobians; Relative Jacobian; Robotic Arms; Time-Delay Estimation (TDE); Time Delay; Time Delay Estimation (TDE)
- This paper presents a method of implementing impedance control (with inertia, damping, and stiffness terms) on a dual-arm system by using the relative Jacobian technique. The proposed method significantly simplifies the control implementation because the dual arm is treated as a single manipulator, whose end-effector motion is defined by the relative motion between the two end effectors. As a result, task description becomes simpler and more intuitive when specifying the desired impedance and the desired trajectories. This is the basis for the relative impedance control. In addition, the use of time-delay estimation enhances ease of implementation of our proposed method to a physical system, which would have been otherwise a very tedious and complicated process. © 2013 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.