Cited 6 time in
Cited 5 time in
Non-contact multi-particle annular patterning and manipulation with ultrasound microbeam
- Non-contact multi-particle annular patterning and manipulation with ultrasound microbeam
- Lee, C[Lee, Changyang]; Jeong, JS[Jeong, Jong Seob]; Hwang, JY[Hwang, Jae Youn]; Lee, J[Lee, Jungwoo]; Shung, KK[Shung, K. Kirk]
- DGIST Authors
- Hwang, JY[Hwang, Jae Youn]
- Issue Date
- Applied Physics Letters, 104(24)
- Article Type
- Functional Materials; Multi-Cell; Non-Contact; Reactive Particles; Single Element; Small Cells; Ultrasonic Transducers; Ultrasound Microbeam; Ultrasound Transducers
- Multiparticle-trapping offers diverse opportunities and applications in biotechnology. It can be applied to creating various functional materials or organizing reactive particles. In this paper, we demonstrate that it is possible to trap and manipulate multi-particles in an annular pattern with a 24 MHz focused ring-type single element ultrasound transducer. Acoustic ring trap can be useful in undertaking biotropism studies due to an equal-distance condition from the center. Also, this ring trap could serve as a force shield to protect analysis area from other cells. The experimental results showed the capability of the proposed method as a multi-cell manipulator in formatting specific patterns of small cells like sperms. © 2014 AIP Publishing LLC.
- American Institute of Physics Publishing
- Related Researcher
Hwang, Jae Youn
MBIS(Multimodal Biomedical Imaging and System) Laboratory
Multimodal Imaging; High-Frequency Ultrasound Microbeam; Ultrasound Imaging and Analysis; 스마트 헬스케어
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringMBIS(Multimodal Biomedical Imaging and System) Laboratory1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.