Cited 0 time in
Cited 18 time in
Enhanced blue photoluminescence realized by copper diffusion doping of ZnO thin films
- Enhanced blue photoluminescence realized by copper diffusion doping of ZnO thin films
- Allabergenov, B[Allabergenov, Bunyod]; Chung, SH[Chung, Seok-Hwan]; Jeong, SM[Jeong, Soon Moon]; Kim, S[Kim, Sungjin]; Choi, B[Choi, Byeongdae]
- DGIST Authors
- Chung, SH[Chung, Seok-Hwan]; Jeong, SM[Jeong, Soon Moon]; Choi, B[Choi, Byeongdae]
- Issue Date
- Optical Materials Express, 3(10), 1733-1741
- Article Type
- Amorphous Films; Amorphous Silicon; Blue Photoluminescence; Chromaticity Diagram; Copper; Copper Diffusion; Deposition; Double-Layer Films; E-Beam Deposition; Emission Centers; Light Emission; Luminescence Intensity; Metallic Films; Mixtures; Optical Films; Oxygen Annealing; Photoluminescence; Pulsed Laser Deposition; Semiconductor Doping; Zinc Oxide
- ZnO thin films with blue photoluminescence (PL) have been fabricated through Cu diffusion doping. A CuOx-ZnO mixture, and Cu/ZnO double layer, films were prepared on amorphous SiOx/Si substrates by pulsed laser deposition (PLD), and electron beam (e-beam) deposition, respectively. After sequential oxygen annealing, CuOx-ZnO mixture films exhibited green emission centered at 523 nm. However, Cu/ZnO double layer films differed in producing a blue emission centered at 480 nm. Detailed analysis identified that this blue shift in the emission center resulted from increased blue emissions attributed to Cu dopants in the film by e-beam deposition. Luminescence intensity was increased to 6 cd/m2 for a sample annealed at 700 deg;C. Color points were close to the locus of points following the line of a black-body-radiator on the CIE 1931 XY chromaticity diagram. The present results show that Cu-doped ZnO has strong potential as a cost effective phosphor for use in down converting LEDs. © 2013 Optical Society of America.
- OSA - The Optical Society
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Magnet-Controlled Materials Research Group1. Journal Articles
Smart Textile Convergence Research Group1. Journal Articles
Intelligent Devices and Systems Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.