Cited 0 time in
Cited 9 time in
Preparation of multi metal-carbon nanoreactors for adsorption and catalysis
- Preparation of multi metal-carbon nanoreactors for adsorption and catalysis
- Mayani, Suranjana V.; Mayani, Vishal J.; Lee, Jun Young; Ko, Sung Hyun; Lee, Soo Keun; Kim, Sang Wook
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, Soo Keun
- Issue Date
- Adsorption: Journal of the International Adsorption Society, 19(2-4), 251-257
- Article Type
- Article; Conference Paper
- Adsorption; Carbon; Catalysis; Catalytic Oxidation; Chemical and Physical Properties; Dynamic Adsorption; Ethylene; Fuel Oils; Gold Deposits; Heterogeneous Catalysis; Heterogeneous Catalytic Oxidation; Manganese; Metal-Carbon; Metal Nanocrystals; Modern Techniques; Nanoreactors; Nickel; Pyrolysis Fuel Oil; Secondary Alcohols; Template Methods
- Metal-incorporated composite carbon materials have engendered great progress in the fields of catalysis, energy storage and material science because of their size and chemical and physical properties. In this study, a modern technique was applied for the development of multi metal-carbon nanoreactors (MCNRs) from a pristine carbon cage (CC) using template method with nano silica ball (NSB), pyrolysis fuel oil (PFO) and metal nanocrystals such as gold, copper, nickel, potassium and manganese. The newly prepared Au, Cu, Ni, K and Mn deposited carbon nanoreactors were fully characterized by various analytical techniques. Due to their easy fabrication protocols and broad potential applications, the MCNRs were used successfully for the chemisorptions of hydrogen and ethylene gases alongside the solvent-free heterogeneous catalytic oxidation of a secondary alcohol. The MCNRs have exhibited dynamic adsorption performance and excellent catalytic activity. © 2012 Springer Science+Business Media New York.
- Related Researcher
Nano material, photocatalyst, TiO2, ZnO
There are no files associated with this item.
- Smart Textile Convergence Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.