Cited 6 time in
Cited 6 time in
Improvement of Photovoltaic Properties by Addition of a Perylene Compound in P3HT:PCBM BHJ System
- Improvement of Photovoltaic Properties by Addition of a Perylene Compound in P3HT:PCBM BHJ System
- Jeong, S[Jeong, Seonju]; Woo, SH[Woo, Sung-Ho]; Lyu, HK[Lyu, Hong-Kun]; Kim, C[Kim, Charm]; Kim, H[Kim, Hoyoung]; Han, YS[Han, Yoon Soo]
- DGIST Authors
- Jeong, S[Jeong, Seonju]; Woo, SH[Woo, Sung-Ho]; Lyu, HK[Lyu, Hong-Kun]; Kim, C[Kim, Charm]; Kim, H[Kim, Hoyoung]
- Issue Date
- Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 12(5), 4147-4153
- Article Type
- Article; Proceedings Paper
- Active Layer; Additive; Additives; Blend Films; Charge Transfer; Conversion Efficiency; Effective Charge; Electron Mobility; Methyl Esters; P3HT; PCBM; Perylene Derivative; Perylene Derivatives; Perylenes; Photovoltaic Property; Poly (3-Hexylthiophene); Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons; Polymer Films; Polymer Solar Cell (PSC); Polymer Solar Cells (PSCs); Post-Thermal Annealing; Power Conversion Efficiencies; Solar Cells; X Ray Measurements
- The synthesized n-type perylene derivative, N,N-bis-(4-bromophenyl)-1,6,7, 12-tetrakis(4-n-butoxyphenoxy)-3,4,9,10-perylene tetracarboxdiimide (PIBr), was applied as an additive to polymer solar cells (PSCs) with P3HT [poly(3-hexylthiophene)]:PCBM [[6,6]-phenyl C61-butyric acid methyl ester] blend films. Without post thermal annealing, a considerable improvement of about 98% in power conversion efficiency was achieved by the addition of 1 wt% PIBr into a P3HT:PCBM layer, when compared with that of reference cell without the additive. The results, in combination with relevant data from UV-Vis. absorption, photoluminescence, X-ray measurements and carrier mobility studies, revealed that the addition of the perylene compound within active layer contributed to more effective charge transfer and enhanced electron mobility. Copyright © 2012 American Scientific Publishers. All rights reserved.
- American Scientific Publishers
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Solar Energy1. Journal Articles
Intelligent Devices and Systems Research Group1. Journal Articles
Magnet-Controlled Materials Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.