Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
Robust real-time wireless control platform compensating for packet loss
- Robust real-time wireless control platform compensating for packet loss
- Choi, Rock-Hyun; Lee, Sang C.; Yoo, Joon Hyuk
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, Sang C.
- Issue Date
- Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems, 18(8), 768-773
- Article Type
- Co-Simulation; Compensation Techniques; Estimation; Ewma; Inverted Pendulum; Limited Bandwidth; Loss Compensation; MATLAB/Simulink; Moving Averages; Networked Control Systems; Packet Loss; Performance Evaluation; System Stability; Time Varying Channel; Truetime; Value Estimation; Wireless Communications; Wireless Control; Wireless Networked Control Systems; Wireless Telecommunication Systems; Wncs
- Packet loss compensation techniques are increasingly important to stable remote control over wireless communication in WNCS (Wireless Networked Control Systems). Its time varying channels, limited bandwidth, interference, and poor signal not only leads to packet loss or latency, but also can negatively affect performance and system stability. This paper presents a compensation technique exploiting an EWMA (Exponentially Weighed Moving Average)-based value estimator to clarify the influence of packet loss on the overall WNCS behavior. As an example of actuator to be remotely controlled, a rotary-type inverted pendulum has been considered, and modeled. Performance evaluation results through Matlab/Simulink and Truetime co-simulation confirm the superiority of the proposed value estimation method over previous approaches. © ICROS 2012.
- Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Future Automotive Technology1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.