Cited 2 time in
Cited 5 time in
Full-Color LCD Microdisplay System Based on OLED Backlight Unit and Field-Sequential Color Driving Method
- Full-Color LCD Microdisplay System Based on OLED Backlight Unit and Field-Sequential Color Driving Method
- Woo, S[Woo, Sungho]; Kim, DH[Kim, Dae-Hwan]; Han, YS[Han, Yoon Soo]; Choi, BD[Choi, Byeong-Dae]
- DGIST Authors
- Woo, S[Woo, Sungho]; Kim, DH[Kim, Dae-Hwan]; Choi, BD[Choi, Byeong-Dae]
- Issue Date
- International Journal of Photoenergy
- Article Type
- We developed a single-panel LCD microdisplay system using a field-sequential color (FSC) driving method and an organic light-emitting diode (OLED) as a backlight unit (BLU). The 0.76″ OLED BLU with red, green, and blue (RGB) colors was fabricated by a conventional UV photolithography patterning process and by vacuum deposition of small molecule organic layers. The field-sequential driving frequency was set to 255Hz to allow each of the RGB colors to be generated without color mixing at the given display frame rate. A prototype FSC LCD microdisplay system consisting of a 0.7″ LCD microdisplay panel and the 0.76″ OLED BLU successfully exhibited color display and moving picture images using the FSC driving method. Copyright © 2011 Sungho Woo et al.
- Hindawi Publishing Corporation
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Solar Energy1. Journal Articles
Intelligent Devices and Systems Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.