Cited 0 time in
Cited 7 time in
Heterojunction light emitting diodes fabricated with different n-layer oxide structures on p-GaN layers by magnetron sputtering
- Heterojunction light emitting diodes fabricated with different n-layer oxide structures on p-GaN layers by magnetron sputtering
- Kong, BH[Kong, Bo Hyun]; Han, WS[Han, Won Suk]; Kim, YY[Kim, Young Yi]; Cho, HK[Cho, Hyung Koun]; Kim, JH[Kim, Jae Hyun]
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, JH[Kim, Jae Hyun]
- Issue Date
- Applied Surface Science, 256(16), 4972-4976
- Article Type
- Active Layer; Active Regions; Deep-Level Photoluminescence; Diodes; Electric Properties; Electrical and Structural Properties; Electroluminescence; Electron Carrier; Extraction; Extraction Efficiencies; Ga-Doped; Gallium Alloys; Gallium Nitride; GaN Layers; Heterojunction; Heterojunctions; High Density; High Temperature; Intense Emission; Leakage (Fluid); Led Device; Light-Emitting Diodes; Light Emission; Orange-Red; Oxide Structures; Oxygen; Oxygen-Rich Atmospheres; P-Type Gan; Physical Optics; Rough Surfaces; Semiconducting Layer; Sputtering; Water Analysis; Zinc; Zinc Oxide; ZnO
- We grew heterojunction light emitting diode (LED) structures with various n-type semiconducting layers by magnetron sputtering on p-type GaN at high temperature. Because the undoped ZnO used as an active layer was grown under oxygen rich atmosphere, all LED devices showed the EL characteristics corresponding to orange-red wavelength due to high density of oxygen interstitial, which was coincident with the deep level photoluminescence emission of undoped ZnO. The use of the Ga doped layers as a top layer provided the sufficient electron carriers to active region and resulted in the intense EL emission. The LED sample with small quantity of Mg incorporated in MgZnO as an n-type top layer showed more intense emission than the LED with ZnO, in spite of the deteriorated electrical and structural properties of the MgZnO film. This might be due to the improvement of output extraction efficiency induced by rough surface. © 2010 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Smart Textile Convergence Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.