Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
Effect of sputtering condition on the surface properties of silicon oxide thin films prepared for liquid crystal alignment layers
- Effect of sputtering condition on the surface properties of silicon oxide thin films prepared for liquid crystal alignment layers
- Sung, SJ[Sung, Shi-Joon]; Jung, EA[Jung, Eun Ae]; Kim, DH[Kim, Dae-Hwan]; Kang, JK[Kang, Jin-Kyu]; Yang, KJ[Yang, Kee-Jeong]; Do, YS[Do, Yun Seon]; Choi, BD[Choi, Byeong-Dae]
- DGIST Authors
- Jung, EA[Jung, Eun Ae]; Kim, DH[Kim, Dae-Hwan]; Kang, JK[Kang, Jin-Kyu]; Yang, KJ[Yang, Kee-Jeong]; Do, YS[Do, Yun Seon]; Choi, BD[Choi, Byeong-Dae]
- Issue Date
- Displays, 31(2), 93-98
- Article Type
- Alignment; Azimuthal Anchoring Energy; Chemical Compositions; Chemical Properties; Crystals; Interfacial Energy; LC Alignment; LCoS; Liquid Crystal Alignment; Liquid Crystals; Molecules; Morphology; Oxide Films; Oxygen; Oxygen Atom; Photochemical Stability; Physical and Chemical Properties; Pre-Tilt Angle; RF-Magnetron Sputtering; RF-Power; Semiconducting Silicon Compounds; Silicon Oxide; Silicon Oxide Thin Films; Silicon Oxides; Sputtering; Sputtering Conditions; Surface Chemistry; Surface Composition; Surface Compositions; Surface Energies; Surface Morphology; Surface Properties; Surface Tension; Thin-Films; Vapor Deposition; Working Pressures
- SiOx thin films are widely used for the LC alignment layer for LCoS devices due to the thermal and photochemical stability of SiOx. In this work, the relationship between the sputtering condition and the LC alignment properties of SiOx thin films was studied. The physical and chemical properties of SiOx thin films were closely related with the RF power and the working pressure of RF-magnetron sputtering. The surface energy of SiOx thin films was mainly connected with the chemical composition of the SiOx thin films and the behavior of LC molecules on the SiOx thin films was dominantly affected by the surface energy. The azimuthal anchoring energy and the pretilt angle of LC molecules were changed by modifying the amount of oxygen atom in the SiOx thin films. By controlling the sputtering condition of SiOx thin films, it was possible to control the orientation of LC molecules on the SiOx thin films. © 2010 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Solar Energy1. Journal Articles
Intelligent Devices and Systems Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.