Cited 16 time in
Cited 18 time in
Detection of C-reactive protein on a functional poly(thiophene) self-assembled monolayer using surface plasmon resonance
- Detection of C-reactive protein on a functional poly(thiophene) self-assembled monolayer using surface plasmon resonance
- Kim, Hyun-Chul; Lee, Soo-Keun; Jeon, Won Bae; Lyu, Hong-Kun; Lee, Seung Woo; Jeong, Sang Won
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Hyun-Chul; Lee, Soo-Keun; Jeon, Won Bae; Lyu, Hong-Kun; Jeong, Sang Won
- Issue Date
- Ultramicroscopy, 108(10), 1379-1383
- Article Type
- Article; Proceedings Paper
- Amine; Antibody; Biosensing Techniques; Biosensor; C-Reactive Protein; C Reactive Protein; C Reactive Protein Antibody; Chloroform; Ester Derivative; Ester Groups; Esterification; Esters; Ferric Chloride; Gel Permeation Chromatography; Gold; Infrared Spectroscopy; Molecular Biology; N-Hydroxysuccinimide; N Hydroxysuccinimide; Nuclear Magnetic Resonance; Organic Compounds; Organic Polymers; Poly(3 (2 ((N Succinimidyl)Succinyloxy)Ethyl)Thiophene); Poly(Thiophene); Polymer; Polymerization; Polymers; Protein Analysis; Protein Interaction; Self-Assembled Monolayer; Self Assembly; Surface Plasmon Resonance; Thiophene; Thiophene Derivative; Thiophenes; Unclassified Drug
- The preparation of a new poly(thiophene) with pendant N-hydroxysuccinimide ester groups and its application to immobilization of biomolecules are reported. A thiophene derivative of N-hydroxysuccinimide ester was polymerized with FeCl3 in chloroform and the resulting poly(thiophene) was characterized by nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR), Fourier transform infrared (FT-IR), and gel permeation chromatography (GPC). This polymer reacts with amine-bearing molecules to yield new poly(thiophene) derivatives and the specific interactions at the side groups could be detected. Thus, a self-assembled monolayer (SAM) using the polymer was formed on a gold-coated quartz cell and anti-C-reactive protein (anti-CRP) was immobilized. The binding behavior of CRP on the surface was monitored by use of a surface plasmon resonance (SPR) sensor system. © 2008 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Magnet-Controlled Materials Research Group1. Journal Articles
Smart Textile Convergence Research Group1. Journal Articles
Companion Diagnostics and Medical Technology Research Group1. Journal Articles
Intelligent Devices and Systems Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.