Cited 8 time in
Cited 13 time in
Detection of C-reactive protein using BioFET and extended gate
- Detection of C-reactive protein using BioFET and extended gate
- Sohn, YS[Sohn, Young-Soo]; Lee, SK[Lee, Sang-Kwon]; Choi, SY[Choi, Sie-Young]
- DGIST Authors
- Sohn, YS[Sohn, Young-Soo]
- Issue Date
- Sensor Letters, 5(2), 421-424
- Article Type
- Antigen-Antibody Reactions; Bioassay; Biochips; BioFET; Biomarkers; Biosensors; C-Reactive Protein; Cmos Integrated Circuits; Extended-Gate; Immunoassay; Immunosensors; Myocardial Infarction; Potentiometric Sensors; Proteins
- A novel immunoassay based on a potentiometric measurement for C-reactive protein (CRP) has been developed using a BioFET and an extended gate. Both the BioFET and the extended gate were fabricated using CMOS process techniques. Id-Vd (drain voltage versus drain current) characteristics of the BioFET only and the BioFET with the extended gate were measured in PBS (phosphate buffered saline), after SAM (self-assembled monolayer) formation, after anti-CRP immobilization and after CRP antigen-antibody interaction. The relation between a current variation ratio and CRP concentration (3-10 μg/ml) was studied. Also, we observed the potential variation with increasing the area of the extended gate. The results show the feasibility of the BioFET and its integration with the extended gate for the detection of CRP In addition, it is expected that this sensing configuration could be used as a part of lab-on-a-chip for the detection of various other biomarkers. Copyright © 2007 American Scientific Publishers All rights reserved.
- American Scientific Publishers
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.