Cited 1 time in
Cited 1 time in
Analysis of electro-optic properties of a polymer network liquid crystal display with crossed polarizers
- Analysis of electro-optic properties of a polymer network liquid crystal display with crossed polarizers
- Woo, Sung Ho; Jeon, Chan Wook; Yang, Kee Jeong; Choi, Byeongdae; Rajesh, Kumar; Ahn, Byung-Chul
- DGIST Authors
- Woo, Sung Ho; Jeon, Chan Wook; Yang, Kee Jeong; Choi, Byeongdae
- Issue Date
- Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals, 470(1), 173-181
- Article Type
- Article; Proceedings Paper
- Crossed Polarizers; Electro-Optical Effects; Image Inversion; Light Polarization; Liquid Crystal Displays; PDLC; Polymer Network Liquid Crystal; Wide Viewing Angle
- An active-matrix polymer network liquid crystal display (AMPNLCD) of 1.79'' QCIF(176×144) was fabricated. The operating mode of normally black was reversed to normally white by using crossed polarizers. The contrast ratio, as a result, was drastically increased, which was comparable to a conventional liquid crystal display. The response time at a typical driving voltage, 2.8 V, was also fast enough to play still image smooth. The electro-optic properties of AMPNLCD with crossed polarizers were evaluated and discussed.
- Taylor and Francis
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Solar Energy1. Journal Articles
ETC1. Journal Articles
Intelligent Devices and Systems Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.