Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Design of a novel single incision laparoscopic surgery robot with increased tissue handling force
- Design of a novel single incision laparoscopic surgery robot with increased tissue handling force
- Ji, Daekeun; Cheon, Byungsik; Hashizume, Makoto; Tomikawa, Morimasa; Hong, Jaesung
- DGIST Authors
- Ji, Daekeun; Cheon, Byungsik; Hong, Jaesung
- Issue Date
- 6th International Conference on Intelligent Robotics and Applications, ICIRA 2013, 8102 LNAI(PART 1), 237-245
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- Recently, the number of single port laparoscopic surgery (SILS) that can easily conceal postoperative scars is increasing, and robotic SILS platforms are being developed to overcome inconvenient maneuverability of manual SILS. However, the drive mechanism of most robotic SILS platforms existing uses the wire, therefore it cannot afford to deliver sufficient force, and the wire is mechanically deformed, thus causing negative effects on movement accuracy. Due to this limitation, a precious operation cannot be conducted by using conventional robotic SILS platforms. This paper presents the design of a novel single incision surgery robot that is actuated by using plate spring driven mechanisms with relatively high force transmission and larger workspace. Evaluations of PLAS were performed and its feasibility as a novel effective robotic SILS platform was proved. © 2013 Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg.
- Related Researcher
Surgical Robotics Lab
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Robotics EngineeringSurgical Robotics Lab2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.