Cited 0 time in
Cited 22 time in
Implementation of road traffic signs detection based on saliency map model
- Implementation of road traffic signs detection based on saliency map model
- Won, Woong-Jae; Lee, Minho; Son, Joon-Woo
- DGIST Authors
- Won, Woong-Jae; Son, Joon-Woo
- Issue Date
- 2008 IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, IV, 542-547
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- In this paper, we proposed a new road traffic sign detection model based on human-like selective attention mechanism for implementing interactive workload manager system. Since the road traffic sign boards have dominant color contrast against backgrounds, we consider the color opponents and its edge information with center surround difference and normalization as a pre-processing, which is effective to intensify the sign board color characteristics as well as reduce background noise influence. After constructing the road traffic sign saliency map using the edge and color feature maps, the candidate road traffic sign regions are selected by local maximum energy searching with entropy maximization algorithm to find suitable size of the sign board areas. Computational experiment results show that the proposed model can successfully detect a road traffic sign board. © 2008 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Companion Diagnostics and Medical Technology Research Group2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.