Cited 5 time in
Cited 5 time in
Control of Robot Manipulators Using Time-Delay Estimation and Fuzzy Logic Systems
- Control of Robot Manipulators Using Time-Delay Estimation and Fuzzy Logic Systems
- Bae, Hyo-Jeong; Jin, Maolin; Suh, Jinho; Lee, Jun Young; Chang, Pyung-Hun; Ahn, Doo-sung
- DGIST Authors
- Chang, Pyung-Hun
- Issue Date
- Journal of Electrical Engineering and Technology, 12(3), 1271-1279
- Article Type
- Bioelectric Phenomena; Computer Circuits; Continuous Time Systems; Control Scheme; Controllers; Delay Control Systems; Design; Dynamics; Errors; Flexible Manipulators; Fuzzy Inference; Fuzzy Logic; Fuzzy Inference System; Fuzzy Inference System; Impedance Control; Industrial Robots; Machine Design; Manipulators; Model Free Control; Modular Robots; Robot Applications; Robot Manipulator; Robot Manipulators; Robots; Robust Control; Synchronization; Terminal Sliding Mode (TSM); Time Delay Control (TDC); Time Delay Estimation (TDE); Time Delay; Time Delay Control (TDC); Time Delay Estimation (TDE); Timing Circuits; Tracking Control
- A highly accurate model-free controller is proposed for trajectory tracking control of robot manipulators. The proposed controller incorporates time-delay estimation (TDE) to estimate and cancel continuous nonlinearities of robot dynamics, and exploits fuzzy logic systems to suppress the effect of the TDE error, which is due to discontinuous nonlinearities such as friction. To this end, integral sliding mode is defined using desired error dynamics, and a Mamdani-type fuzzy inference system is constructed. As a result, the proposed controller achieves the desired error dynamics well. Implementation of the proposed controller is easy because the design of the controller is intuitive and straightforward, and calculations of the complex robot dynamics are not required. The tracking performance of the proposed controller is verified experimentally using a 3-degree of freedom PUMA-type robot manipulator. © The Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers.
- Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Robotics EngineeringRehabilitation Robotics Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.