Cited 0 time in
Cited 2 time in
Separatrix modes in weakly deformed microdisk cavities
- Separatrix modes in weakly deformed microdisk cavities
- Yi, Chang-Hwan; Kullig, Julius; Lee, Ji-Won; Kim, Ji-Hwan; Yu, Hyeon-Hye; Wiersig, Jan; Kim, Chil-Min
- DGIST Authors
- Yi, Chang-Hwan; Lee, Ji-Won; Kim, Ji-Hwan; Yu, Hyeon-Hye; Kim, Chil-Min
- Issue Date
- Optics Express, 25(7), 8048-8062
- Article Type
- Chaos Theory; Dielectric Microcavities; Emission Properties; Far Field Intensity; Fresnel Coefficient; Hydrogen; Laserschains; Microdisk Cavities; Periodic Orbits; Phase Space Methods; Polarized Electromagnetic Field; Quantization; Quantization Schemes; Resonances; States; Strong Localizations; Systems; Tunneling Distance; Unstable Periodic Orbits; Wave Chaos
- Optical modes in deformed dielectric microdisk cavities often show an unexpected localization along unstable periodic ray orbits. We reveal a new mechanism for this kind of localization in weakly deformed cavities. In such systems the ray dynamics is nearly integrable and its phase space contains small island chains. When increasing the deformation the enlarging islands incorporate more and more modes. Each time a mode comes close to the border of an island chain (separatrix) the mode exhibits a strong localization near the corresponding unstable periodic orbit. Using an EBK quantization scheme taking into account the Fresnel coefficients we derive a frequency condition for the localization. Observing far field intensity patterns and tunneling distances, reveals small differences in the emission properties. © 2017 Optical Society of America.
- OSA - The Optical Society
- Related Researcher
Micro Laser Laboratory
Laser; Nonlinear Dynamics; Quantum Chaos; Microcavity Laser
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Emerging Materials ScienceMicro Laser Laboratory1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.