Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Non-equilibrium dynamic reversal of in-plane ferromagnetic elliptical disk
- Non-equilibrium dynamic reversal of in-plane ferromagnetic elliptical disk
- Kim, June Seo; Hwang, Hee Kyeong; You, Chun Yeol
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, June Seo; You, Chun Yeol
- Issue Date
- Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 445, 103-109
- Article Type
- Ferromagnetic Materials; Ferromagnetic Resonance Frequency; Ferromagnetism; Field; Layer; Magnetic Fields; Magnetism; Magnetization; Magnetization Reversal; Micromagnetic Simulations; Non-Equilibrium Dynamics; Out-of-plane Magnetic Fields; Precessional Torques; Shape Anisotropy; Sinusoidal Magnetic Fields; Spin; Thickness Dependence; Torque; Ultrafast Switching; Vector
- The ultrafast switching mechanism of an in-plane magnetized elliptical magnetic disk by applying dynamic out-of-plane magnetic field pulses is investigated by performing micromagnetic simulations. For the in-plane magnetized nanostructures, the out-of-plane magnetic field is able to rotate the direction of magnetization when the precession torque overcomes the shape anisotropy of the system. This type magnetization reversal is one of non-equilibrium dynamic within a certain transition time util the precession torque is equivalent to the damping torque. By controlling the rise time or fall times of dynamic out-of-plane field pulses, the transition time can be also successively tuned and then an ultrafast switching of an elliptical magnetic nano-disk is clearly achieved by controlling the precessional torque. As another reversal approach, sinusoidal magnetic fields in gigahertz range are applied to the system. Consequently, the thresholds of switching fields are drastically decreased. We also reveal that the ferromagnetic resonance frequencies at the center and the edge of the elliptical disk are most important for microwave sinusoidal out-of-plane magnetic field induced magnetization reversal. © 2017 Elsevier B.V.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Related Researcher
You, Chun Yeol
Spin Phenomena for Information Nano-devices(SPIN) Lab
Spintronics; Condensed Matter Physics; Magnetic Materials & Thin Films; Micromagnetic Simulations; Spin Nano-Devices
There are no files associated with this item.
- DGIST-LBNL Research Center for Emerging Materials1. Journal Articles
Department of Emerging Materials ScienceSpin Phenomena for Information Nano-devices(SPIN) Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.