Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Performance Analysis of Two-Dimensional Dead Reckoning Based on Vehicle Dynamic Sensors during GNSS Outages
- Performance Analysis of Two-Dimensional Dead Reckoning Based on Vehicle Dynamic Sensors during GNSS Outages
- Han, Joong-Hee; Park, Chi-Ho; Hong, Chang-Ki; Kwon, Jay Hyoun
- DGIST Authors
- Park, Chi-Ho
- Issue Date
- Journal of Sensors, 2017
- Article Type
- Accuracy Limitations; Advanced Driver Assistance Systems; Advanced Driver Assistant Systems; Automobile Drivers; Automobile Safety Devices; Fusion; Global Positioning System; Integration; Integration Algorithm; Kalman Filter; Localization; Navigation; Navigation Solution; Performance Analysis; Steering-Angle Sensor; Vehicle Performance; Vehicles; Wheel Speed Sensors; Yaw Rate Sensors
- Recently, to improve safety and convenience in driving, numerous sensors are mounted on cars to operate advanced driver assistant systems. Among various sensors, vehicle dynamic sensors can measure the vehicle motions such as speed and rotational angular speed for dead reckoning, which can be applied to develop a land vehicle positioning system to overcome the weaknesses of the GNSS technique. In this paper, three land vehicle positioning algorithms that integrate GNSS with vehicle dynamic sensors including a wheel speed sensor (WSS), a yaw rate sensor (YRS), and a steering angle sensor (SAS) are implemented, and then a performance evaluation was conducted during GNSS outages. Using a loosely coupled strategy, three integration algorithms are designed, namely, GNSS/WSS, GNSS/WSS/YRS, and GNSS/WSS/YRS/SAS. The performance of the three types of integration algorithm is evaluated based on two data sets. The results indicate that both the GNSS/WSS/YRS integration and the GNSS/WSS/YRS/SAS integration could estimate the horizontal position with meter-level accuracy during 30-second GNSS outages. However, the GNSS/WSS integration would provide an unstable navigation solution during GNSS outages due to the accuracy limitation of the computed yaw rate using WSS. © 2017 Joong-hee Han et al.
- Hindawi Limited
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Intelligent Devices and Systems Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.