Cited 7 time in
Cited 8 time in
Enhanced fast handover mechanism using MIH services in MIPv6
- Enhanced fast handover mechanism using MIH services in MIPv6
- An, Yoon-Young; Lee, Kang-Won; Kum, Dong-Won; Lee, Sung-Hyup; Cho, You-Ze; Yae, Byung Ho; Jung, Woo Young
- DGIST Authors
- Jung, Woo Young
- Issue Date
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), 3970, 120-131
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- Adjacent Cells; Computer Simulation; Cost Effectiveness; Handover Initiation Time; Information Services; Media Independent Handover (MIH); Mobile Telecommunication Systems; Network Protocols; Probability; Router Discovery Time
- In this paper, we propose an enhanced handover mechanism with new additional primitives and parameters to the media independent handover (MIH) services as defined in IEEE 802.21. The proposed scheme can reduce handover latency for MIPv6 (mobile IPv6) by removing the router discovery time. Moreover, when the proposed mechanism is applied to a FMIPv6 (fast handovers for MIPv6), we can increase the probability that FMIPv6 can be per-formed in a predictive mode by reducing the handover initiation time. As a result, we can get the reduced handover latency in FMIPv6. In addition, with the proposed scheme, we can design the cost-effective network by reducing cover-age overlap between adjacent cells. This is due to the decreased handover initiation time in FMIPv6. From simulation results, it is proven that the proposed scheme can provide a higher goodput for UDP and TCP because it has less service disruption during handovers. © Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2006.
- Springer Verlag
- Related Researcher
Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Future Automotive Technology1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.