Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Stereochemistry of metal tetramethylcyclam complexes directed by an unexpected anion effect
- Stereochemistry of metal tetramethylcyclam complexes directed by an unexpected anion effect
- Derrick, Jeffrey S.; Kim, Yujeong; Tak, Hyeon Woo; Park, Kiyoung; Cho, Jaeheung; Kim, Sun Hee; Lim, Mi Hee
- DGIST Authors
- Tak, Hyeon Woo; Cho, Jaeheung
- Issue Date
- Dalton Transactions, 46(39), 13166-13170
- Article Type
- 1,4,8,11-Tetramethyl-1,4,8,11-Tetraazacyclotetradecane; Amine Complexes; Anion Effects; Complexes; Computational Analysis; Coordinating Solvents; Copper Compounds; Crystal-Structure; Cyclam Ligands; Diastereoisomers; Electron-Transfer; Isomers; Nickel(II); Oxoiron(IV) Complex; Perchlorate; Reactivity
- Metal(TMC) complexes (TMC = tetramethylcyclam) exclusively form trans-I diastereoisomers; thus, little is known about the trans-III isomers. Herein, we report a new method to prepare the trans-III-[Cu(TMC)]2+ complex via an anion effect. Our crystallographic, spectroscopic, and computational analyses validated that [Cu(TMC)](NO3)2 produced the trans-III complex, different from the trans-I structure of [Cu(TMC)](ClO4)2. © 2017 The Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- Related Researcher
Biomimetic Materials Laboratory
Biomimetics; Metalloenzymes; Nitric Oxide Suppliers in Brain; Biomimetic Materials in Life
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Emerging Materials ScienceBiomimetic Materials Laboratory1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.