Cited 4 time in
Cited 4 time in
Comparison of chalcopyrite and kesterite thin-film solar cells
- Comparison of chalcopyrite and kesterite thin-film solar cells
- Yang, Kee-Jeong; Sim, Jun-Hyoung; Son, Dae-Ho; Jeon, Dong-Hwan; Hwang, Dae-Kue; Nam, Dahyun; Cheong, Hyeonsik; Kim, SeongYeon; Kim, JunHo; Kim, Dae-Hwan; Kang, Jin-Kyu
- DGIST Authors
- Yang, Kee-Jeong; Hwang, Dae-Kue; Kim, Dae-Hwan; Kang, Jin-Kyu
- Issue Date
- Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, 45, 78-84
- Article Type
- Absorber Layers; Cadmium Sulfide; Cadmium Sulfide Solar Cells; CIG-Se; Cu(In, Ga)Se; Current Characteristic; CZTS; Defect; Defects; Efficiency; Electron-Hole Recombination; Energy Gap; Secondary Phase; Secondary Phasis; Semiconducting Selenium Compounds; Solar Cell; Solar Cells; Thin-Film Solar Cells
- In this study, we investigate methods of improving the efficiency of Cu2ZnSn(S,Se)4 (CZTS)-based solar cells by comparing Cu(In,Ga)Se2 (CIGSe)- and CZTS-based absorber layers. In particular, the CZTS-based absorber exhibits lower current characteristics than the CIGSe absorber layer in terms of the band gap alignment and electron-hole recombination at the CdS-absorber interface. Moreover, we demonstrate that defects are one of the causes of the voltage loss. In order to improve the efficiency of CZTS-based solar cells, it is important to control the band gap alignment at the CdS-absorber layer interface and to suppress the formation of secondary phases inside the absorber. © 2016 The Korean Society of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Solar Energy1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.