Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Induction of MAP kinase phosphatase 3 through Erk/MAP kinase activation in three oncogenic Ras (H-, K- and N-Ras)-expressing NIH/3T3 mouse embryonic fibroblast cell lines
- Induction of MAP kinase phosphatase 3 through Erk/MAP kinase activation in three oncogenic Ras (H-, K- and N-Ras)-expressing NIH/3T3 mouse embryonic fibroblast cell lines
- Koo, JaeHyung; Sen Wang; Kang, Nana; Hur, Sun Jin; Bahk, Young Yil
- DGIST Authors
- Koo, JaeHyung
- Issue Date
- BMB Reports, 49(7), 370-375
- Article Type
- Effector Mutants; Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase; Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase Phosphatase 3; Oncogenic Ras; Oncogenic Ras Inducible NIH/3T3 Cells
- Ras oncoproteins are small molecular weight GTPases known for their involvement in oncogenesis, which operate in a complex signaling network with multiple effectors. Approximately 25% of human tumors possess mutations in a member of this family. The Raf1/MEK/Erk1/2 pathway is one of the most intensively studied signaling mechanisms. Different levels of regulation account for the inactivation of MAP kinases by MAPK phosphatases in a cell type- and stimuli-dependent manner. In the present study, using three inducible Ras-expressing NIH/3T3 cell lines, we demonstrated that MKP3 upregulation requires the activation of the Erk1/2 pathway, which correlates with the shutdown of this pathway. We also demonstrated, by applying pharmacological inhibitors and effector mutants of Ras, that induction of MKP3 at the protein level is positively regulated by the oncogenic Ras/Raf/MEK/Erk1/2 signaling pathway. © 2016 by the The Korean Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.
- Korean Society for Molecular and Cellular Biology
- Related Researcher
Molecular & Cellular Smell Biology Lab
Neurotranslation and chemosensation; 화학감각신경(후각, 미각) 및 이소성후각수용체 연구와 응용
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Brain and Cognitive SciencesMolecular & Cellular Smell Biology Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.