Cited 15 time in
Cited 16 time in
Facile synthesis of Ag-coated silicon nanowires as anode materials for high-performance rechargeable lithium battery
- Facile synthesis of Ag-coated silicon nanowires as anode materials for high-performance rechargeable lithium battery
- Baek, Seong-Ho; Park, Jung-Soo; Jeong, Young-Min; Kim, Jae Hyun
- DGIST Authors
- Baek, Seong-Ho; Kim, Jae Hyun
- Issue Date
- Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 660, 387-391
- Article Type
- Ag Coating; Ag Nanoparticles (AgNP); Anode Material; Anode Materials; Anodes; Coated Materials; Coatings; Cost Effectiveness; Electric Batteries; Electric Conductivity; Electrical Conductivity; Electro-Chemical Electrodes; Electro-Chemical Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS); Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy Measurements; Electrochemical Performance; Electrodes; Etching; High Resolution Transmission Electron Microscopy; Lithium-Ion Batteries; Lithium Alloys; Lithium Compounds; Lithium Ion Batteries; Metal-Assisted Chemical Etching; Nanowires; Rechargeable Lithium Battery; Redox Reactions; Secondary Batteries; Silicon; Silicon Batteries; Silicon Nanowire; Silicon Nanowires; Silver; Transmission Electron Microscopy
- Herein, we suggest a facile and cost-effective metal-assisted chemical etching (MACE) method to synthesize uniformly Ag-coated silicon nanowires (SiNWs) using redox reaction, which provides structural and electrical effects on Si negative electrodes at the same time. The combinations of SiNW geometry and Ag nanoparticle (AgNP) coatings are beneficial in preventing pulverization and increasing electrical conductivity of Si negative electrode during cycling, as a result, excellent electrochemical performances are obtained. Transmission electron microscopy (TEM) images reveal that Ag-coated SiNW arrays have been successfully prepared in one-pot MACE process. The electrochemical performances show that the rate capability and cycleability of Ag-coated SiNWs is greatly improved compare to bare NWs. Electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS) measurements show that the electrical conductivity of Ag-coated SiNW electrode is significantly enhanced by Ag coating. © 2015 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Smart Textile Convergence Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.