Cited 2 time in
Cited 0 time in
Dynamic Vehicular Route Guidance Using Traffic Prediction Information
- Dynamic Vehicular Route Guidance Using Traffic Prediction Information
- Kim, Kwangsoo; Kwon, Minseok; Park, Jaegeun; Eun, Yongsoon
- DGIST Authors
- Eun, Yongsoon
- Issue Date
- Mobile Information Systems, 1-11
- Article Type
- Algorithms; Dynamic Routing; Dynamic Routing Algorithms; Forecasting; Motor Transportation; Roads and Streets; Route Guidance; Routing Controllers; Routing Performance; Traffic Conditions; Traffic Control; Traffic Information; Traffic Prediction; Travel Time; Travel Time Distributions; Vehicles
- We propose a dynamic vehicular routing algorithm with traffic prediction for improved routing performance. The primary idea of our algorithm is to use real-time as well as predictive traffic information provided by a central routing controller. In order to evaluate the performance, we develop a microtraffic simulator that provides road networks created from real maps, routing algorithms, and vehicles that travel from origins to destinations depending on traffic conditions. The performance is evaluated by newly defined metric that reveals travel time distributions more accurately than a commonly used metric of mean travel time. Our simulation results show that our dynamic routing algorithm with prediction outperforms both Static and Dynamic without prediction routing algorithms under various traffic conditions and road configurations. We also include traffic scenarios where not all vehicles comply with our dynamic routing with prediction strategy, and the results suggest that more than half the benefit of the new routing algorithm is realized even when only 30% of the vehicles comply. © 2016 Kwangsoo Kim et al.
- Hindawi Publishing Corporation
- Related Researcher
Eun, Yong Soon
DSC Lab(Dynamic Systems and Control Laboratory)
Resilient control systems; Control systems with nonlinear sensors and actuators; Quasi-linear control systems; Intelligent transportation systems; Networked control systems
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringDSC Lab(Dynamic Systems and Control Laboratory)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.