Cited 6 time in
Cited 7 time in
Work function tuning and fluorescence enhancement of hydrogen annealed Ag-doped Al-rich zinc oxide nanostructures using a sol-gel process
- Work function tuning and fluorescence enhancement of hydrogen annealed Ag-doped Al-rich zinc oxide nanostructures using a sol-gel process
- Khan, Firoz; Baek, Seong-Ho; Lee, Jae Young; Kim, Jae Hyun
- DGIST Authors
- Baek, Seong-Ho; Kim, Jae Hyun
- Issue Date
- Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 647, 566-572
- Article Type
- Absorption; Aluminum; Charge Difference; Energy Gap; Fluorescence; Fluorescence Enhancement; Fluorescence Properties; Impurity Defects; Ions; Maximal Values; Nano-Structured Films; Optical Band-Gap; Optical Band-Gaps; Oxide Films; Semiconductor Doping; Silver; Sol-Gel Process; Thin-Films; Work-Function; Work-Function Tuning; Zinc; Zinc Oxide; Zinc Oxide Nanostructures
- Effect of incorporation of Ag on the structural, optical, electrical, and fluorescence properties of sol-gel derived Al-rich zinc oxide (ZnO:Al:Ag) nanostructured films was studied. The Eg of the film slightly decreased to a minimal value with Ag doping, and was found to be about 3.65 eV for RAg/Zn = 1% from its initial value of 3.72 eV (RAg/Zn = 0%). The WF sudden increased to a maximal value of 5.12 eV with Ag doping (for RAg/Zn = 1%) from its initial value of 4.73 eV for RAg/Zn = 0% due to substitution of Ag into Zn sites until saturation was achieved (RAg/Zn = 1%). After more Ag doping, WF started to decrease and finally, reached a value of 4.81 eV for RAg/Zn = 3% because of the formation of an impurity-defect energy level below the intrinsic Fermi level of ZnO. With Ag-doping, the current increased up to RAg/Zn = 1% due to the increase in carrier density. For RAg/Zn = 3% doping, the current density started to increase due to the influence of metallic Ag. The defective peak position was blue shifted, with increased Ag-doping, from 536 nm (RAg/Zn = 1%) to 527 nm for RAg/Zn = 2% due to the sizes of the Ag+ and Zn2+ ions. The FL defective peak intensity (ID) in the green region increased with the concentration of Ag used for doping, up to RAg/Zn = 2%. The enhancement in the ID may be due to charge difference between the Zn2+ ions, caused by Ag+ ions. © 2015 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Smart Textile Convergence Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.