Cited 2 time in
Cited 6 time in
Effect of solvent on electrical conductivity and gas sensitivity of PEDOT: PSS polymer composite films
- Effect of solvent on electrical conductivity and gas sensitivity of PEDOT: PSS polymer composite films
- Hwang, Jun Sung; Oh, Tae Hwan; Kim, Se Hyun; Han, Sung Soo; Lee, Sung Jun; Lee, Se Geun; Lee, Young Jae; Jang, Seung Soon
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, Sung Jun; Lee, Se Geun
- Issue Date
- Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 132(40), 42628
- Article Type
- Blending; Blends; Composite Films; Conducting Polymers; Current-Voltage Response; Dimethyl Sulfoxide (DMSO); Effect of Solvents; Electric Conductivity; Electrical Conductivity; Ethylene; Ethylene Glycol; Films; Gas Sensing Electrodes; Organic Solvents; Poly (Vinyl Alcohol) (PVA); Poly(3,4-Ethylenedioxythiophene) (PEDOT); Polyethylene Oxide (PEO); Polyethylene Oxides; Polymer Films; Solvents; Structure-Property Relations; Structure Property Relation; Styrene
- Poly(3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene)/poly(styrene sulfonate) (PEDOT:PSS) was blended with polyethylene oxide (PEO) and polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) and composite film was cast. Additional solvents of dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) and ethylene glycol (EG) were mixed and their effects on electrical conductivity and structural changes were investigated. The electrical conductivity increased in response to the additional solvent, leading to an increase in the PEDOT ratio relative to the control. PEDOT:PSS/PEO composite film had a much higher electrical conductivity than PEDOT:PSS/PVA. When blended with PEO, the quinoid structure revealed by Raman spectroscopy increased relative to the PVA-blended case, indicating higher electrical conductivity. The current-voltage response and gas sensitivity showed much better performance in PEDOT:PSS/PEO/DMSO composite film. © 2015 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
- Wiley Blackwell
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Magnet-Controlled Materials Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.