Cited 19 time in
Cited 18 time in
Expression of human olfactory receptor 10J5 in heart aorta, coronary artery, and endothelial cells and its functional role in angiogenesis
- Expression of human olfactory receptor 10J5 in heart aorta, coronary artery, and endothelial cells and its functional role in angiogenesis
- Kim, Sung-Hee; Yoon, Yeo Cho; Lee, Ae Sin; Kang, NaNa; Koo, JaeHyung; Rhyu, Mee-Ra; Park, Jae-Ho
- DGIST Authors
- Koo, JaeHyung
- Issue Date
- Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, 460(2), 404-408
- Article Type
- AKT; Angiogenesis; Animal; Animals; Aorta; C57Bl Mouse; Calcium; Coronary Blood Vessel; Coronary Vessels; Endothelium, Vascular; Enzymology; Extracellular Signal-Regulated Map Kinases; Gene Knockdown Techniques; Gene Silencing; Human; Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cells; Humans; HUVEC; Male; Metabolism; Mice; Mice, Inbred C57BL; Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase; Mouse; Neo-Vascularization, Physiologic; Olfactory Receptor; OR10J5; OR10J5 Protein, Human; Phosphorylation; Physiology; Protein Kinase B; Proto-Oncogene Proteins C-AKT; Receptors, Odorant; Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cell; Vascular Endothelium
- ORs are ectopically expressed in non-chemosensory tissues including muscle, kidney, and keratinocytes; however, their physiological roles are largely unknown. We found that human olfactory receptor 10J5 (OR10J5) is expressed in the human aorta, coronary artery, and umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVEC). Lyral induces Ca2+ and phosphorylation of AKT in HUVEC. A knockdown study showed the inhibition of the lyral-induced Ca2+ and the phosphorylation AKT and implied that these processes are mediated by OR10J5. In addition, lyral enhanced migration of HUVEC, which were also inhibited by RNAi in a migration assay. In addition, matrigel plug assay showed that lyral enhanced angiogenesis in vivo. Together these data demonstrate the physiological role of OR10J5 in angiogenesis and represent roles of ORs in HUVEC cells. © 2015 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Academic Press Inc.
- Related Researcher
Koo, Jae Hyung
Molecular & Cellular Smell Biology Lab
Neurotranslation and chemosensation; 화학감각신경(후각, 미각) 및 이소성후각수용체 연구와 응용
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Brain and Cognitive SciencesMolecular & Cellular Smell Biology Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.