Cited 3 time in
Cited 3 time in
Intrinsic and extrinsic Gilbert damping in exchange-biased IrMn/Cu/CoFe trilayer films
- Intrinsic and extrinsic Gilbert damping in exchange-biased IrMn/Cu/CoFe trilayer films
- Song, Hyon-Seok; Lee, Kyeong-Dong; You, Chun-Yeol; Yang, See-Hun; Parkin, Stuart; Park, Byong-Guk; Sohn, Jeong-Woo; Hong, Jung-Il; Shin, Sung-Chul
- DGIST Authors
- Hong, Jung-Il
- Issue Date
- Applied Physics Express, 8(5)
- Article Type
- Damping; Exchange-Bias Fields; Exchange Fields; External Magnetic Field; Gilbert Damping; Gilbert Damping Constant; Magnetic Fields; Magnetic Inhomogeneities; Magnetism; Spacer Layer Thickness; Trilayer Film
- We studied the intrinsic and extrinsic Gilbert damping constants measured with an all-optical method in an exchange-biased IrMn/Cu/CoFe trilayer system with various Cu-spacer layer thicknesses. To understand the effect of the exchange bias on damping, the strength of the exchange bias was controlled by the Cu-spacer layer. When the external magnetic field is high enough compared with the exchange fields, the intrinsic Gilbert damping constant is independent of the exchange bias field. On the other hand, under a low external magnetic field, the extrinsic Gilbert damping is dominant because of the magnetic inhomogeneities, and is strongly correlated with the exchange bias field. © 2015 The Japan Society of Applied Physics.
- Institute of Physics Publishing
- Related Researcher
Quantum Electric & Magnetic Materials Laboratory
Electric and Magnetic Properties of Nanostructured Materials; Spintronics
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Emerging Materials ScienceQuantum Electric & Magnetic Materials Laboratory1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.