Cited 7 time in
Cited 8 time in
Planar Hall ring sensor for ultra-low magnetic moment sensing
- Planar Hall ring sensor for ultra-low magnetic moment sensing
- Tran Quang Hung; Terki, Ferial; Kamara, Souleymanne; Kim, Kunwoo; Charar, Salam; Kim, CheolGi
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, CheolGi
- Issue Date
- Journal of Applied Physics, 117(15)
- Article Type
- Biolabels; Field Sensitivity; Magnetic Moments; Microrings; Phe Rings; Planar Hall Effect; Sensor Materials; Superparamagnetics; Superparamagnetism
- The field sensitivity of a planar Hall effect (PHE) micro-ring type biosensor has been investigated as a function of magnetizing angle of the sensor material, for the sensing of low magnetic moment superparamagnetic labels. The field sensitivity is maximal at a magnetizing angle of α=20°. At this optimized magnetizing angle, the field sensitivity of a PHE sensor is about 3.6 times higher than that measured at the conventional configuration, α=90°. This optimization enables the PHE-ring sensor to detect superparamagnetic biolabels with ultra-low magnetic moments down to 4×10-13emu. © 2015 AIP Publishing LLC.
- American Institute of Physics Publishing
- Related Researcher
Lab for NanoBio-MatErials & SpinTronics(nBEST)
Magnetic Materials and Spintronics; Converging Technology of Nanomaterials and Biomaterials; Bio-NEMS;MEMS
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Emerging Materials ScienceLab for NanoBio-Materials & SpinTronics(nBEST)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.