Cited 3 time in
Cited 3 time in
Synthesis of secondary and tertiary amine-containing MOFs: C-N bond cleavage during MOF synthesis
- Synthesis of secondary and tertiary amine-containing MOFs: C-N bond cleavage during MOF synthesis
- Hahm, Hyungwoo; Ha, Hyeonbin; Kim, Seongmin; Jung, Byunghyuck; Park, Myung Hwan; Kim, Youngjo; Heo, Jungseok; Kim, Min
- DGIST Authors
- Jung, Byunghyuck
- Issue Date
- CrystEngComm, 17(30), 5644-5650
- Article Type
- Secondary and tertiary amine-containing metal-organic frameworks (MOFs) have been synthesized, and unprecedented C-N bond cleavage phenomena were observed during MOF formation. Utilizing the secondary amine-containing ligand (BDC-NHMe), three new MOFs have been prepared, two of which are zinc(ii)-based, IRMOF-NHMe (IRMOF = isoreticular MOF) and DMOF-1-NHMe (DMOF = dabco MOF), in addition to the zirconium(iv)-based UiO-66-NHMe (UiO = University of Oslo). The tertiary amine-containing ligand (BDC-NMe2) was converted to the secondary amine-containing ligand (BDC-NHMe) under both IRMOF and UiO-66 synthesis conditions, indicating an in situ C-N bond cleavage of ligand during MOF formation. In contrast, the tertiary amine-containing DMOF-1-NMe2 was successfully synthesized and studied for CO2 adsorption experiments. © The Royal Society of Chemistry 2015.
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- Related Researcher
Jung, Byung Hyuck
Organic Synthesis; Organo-transition metal chemistry
There are no files associated with this item.
- School of Undergraduate Studies1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.