Cited 19 time in
Cited 21 time in
Luteolin 8-C-beta-fucopyranoside inhibits invasion and suppresses TPA-induced MMP-9 and IL-8 via ERK/AP-1 and ERK/NF-kappa B signaling in MCF-7 breast cancer cells
- Luteolin 8-C-beta-fucopyranoside inhibits invasion and suppresses TPA-induced MMP-9 and IL-8 via ERK/AP-1 and ERK/NF-kappa B signaling in MCF-7 breast cancer cells
- Park, Su-Ho; Kim, Jung-Hee; Lee, Dong-Hun; Kang, Jeong-Woo; Song, Hyuk-Hwan; Oh, Sei-Ryang; Yoon, Do-Young
- Issue Date
- Biochimie, 95(11), 2082-2090
- Article Type
- Activator Protein-1; Antineoplastic Activity; AP-1; Breast Cancer; Breast Neoplasms; Cancer Cell; Cancer Inhibition; Cancer Invasion; Cell Fractionation; Cell Invasion; Cell Migration; Cell Motility; Cell Strain MCF 7; Cell Viability; Concentration Response; Controlled Study; Cytokine Release; Down-Regulation; Enzyme Activation; Enzyme Phosphorylation; ERK; Extracellular Signal-Regulated Protein Kinase; Female; Flavonoid; Gelatinase B; Gene Expression Regulation, Neoplastic; Human; Human Cell; Humans; IL-8; Immunofluorescence; Immunoglobulin Enhancer Binding Protein; Interleukin-8; Luteolin; Luteolin 8 C Beta Fucopyranoside; Map Kinase Signaling System; Matrix Metalloproteinase-9; MCF-7 Cells; Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase; Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase P38; MMP-9; NF-Kappa B; nuclear factor-Kappa B; Phorbol 13 Acetate 12 Myristate; Protein Expression; Protein Phosphorylation; Protein Subunit; Pyranoside; Reverse Transcriptase-Polymerase Chain Reaction; Signal Transduction; Stress Activated Protein Kinase; Tetradecanoylphorbol Acetate; Transcription Factor AP-1; Tumor Invasion; Unclassified Drug; Wound Healing; Zymography
- Matrix metalloproteinase 9 (MMP-9) and interleukin-8 (IL-8) play major roles in tumor progression and invasion of breast cancer cells. The present study was undertaken to investigate the inhibitory mechanism of cell invasion by luteolin 8-C-β-fucopyranoside (named as LU8C-FP), a C-glycosylflavone, in human breast cancer cells. We investigated whether LU8C-FP would inhibit MMP-9 activation and IL-8 expression in 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate (TPA)-treated MCF-7 breast cancer cells. LU8C-FP suppressed TPA-induced MMP-9 and IL-8 secretion and mRNA expression via inhibition of the MAPK signaling pathway and down-regulation of nuclear AP-1 and NF-κB. TPA-induced phosphorylation of ERK 1/2 was suppressed by LU8C-FP, whereas JNK and p38 MAPK phosphorylation were unaffected. In addition, LU8C-FP blocked the ERK 1/2 pathways following expression of MMP-9 and IL-8. These results suggest LU8C-FP may function to suppress invasion of breast cancer cells through the ERK/AP-1 and ERK/NF-κB signaling cascades. © 2013 Elsevier Masson SAS. All rights reserved.
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.