Cited 0 time in
Cited 7 time in
Sensorless and modeless estimation of external force using time delay estimation: application to impedance control
- Sensorless and modeless estimation of external force using time delay estimation: application to impedance control
- Jeong, Jae Won; Chang, Pyung Hun; Park, Kyung Bin
- Issue Date
- Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, 25(8), 2051-2059
- Article Type
- Algorithms; Bioelectric Phenomena; Cost Reduction; Delay Control Systems; Direct Sensing; Dynamical Decoupling; Dynamical Model; Estimation; Estimation Algorithm; External Force; External Force Estimation; Impedance Control; Modeling Errors; Robot Dynamics; Robots; Sensorless; Sensors; Time-Delay Estimation (TDE); Time Delay; Time Delay Estimation (TDE)
- This paper proposes an external force estimation algorithm that requires neither dynamical models nor force-torque (F/T) sensors. Considering cost reduction, 'indirect estimation' of external force can be preferable to 'direct sensing' of the force. However, the explicit use of robot dynamical models, required by most previous studies on 'indirect estimation' of external force, can be practically unfavorable due to inevitable modeling errors as well as arduous identification of system parameters. As a remedy for this problem, the Time-Delay Estimation (TDE) scheme has been incorporated in this research. TDE efficiently provides an accurate estimate of nonlinear robot dynamics including external force. Using TDE, the external force has been effectively and efficiently estimated without F/T sensors or robot dynamical models. Through application to impedance control of a robot, the practical advantages of the proposed estimation algorithm are demonstrated. © 2011 The Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers and Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg.
- Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.