Cited 7 time in
Cited 6 time in
Pixel-isolation liquid crystals formed by polarization-selective UV-curing of a prepolymer containing cinnamate oligomer
- Pixel-isolation liquid crystals formed by polarization-selective UV-curing of a prepolymer containing cinnamate oligomer
- Sung, Shi-Joon; Jung, Eun Ae; Kim, Dae-Hwan; Son, Dae-Ho; Kang, Jin-Kyu; Cho, Kuk Young
- DGIST Authors
- Sung, Shi-Joon; Kim, Dae-Hwan; Kang, Jin-Kyu
- Issue Date
- Optics Express, 18(11), 11737-11745
- Article Type
- Anisotropy; Chemistry; Cinnamate Moiety; Cinnamates; Cinnamic Acid Derivative; Crystallization; Curing; Data Display; Electro-Optic Performance; Information Processing; Light; Liquid Crystal; Liquid Crystal Displays; Liquid Crystals; Methodology; Monomers; Oligomers; Photodimerization; Photoreactions; Pixels; Polarization; Polymer; Polymer Walls; Polymers; Pre-Polymers; Radiation Exposure; Refractometry; Surface Region; Ultra-Violet Radiation; Ultraviolet Rays; UV-Curing; UV Exposure
- A pixel isolated liquid crystal display was fabricated by polarization-selective anisotropic photoreaction of a prepolymer containing a cinnamate oligomer. The cinnamate oligomer was mainly distributed on the surface region of a UV-cured polymer wall. Anisotropic photo-dimerization of cinnamate moiety was achieved by polarized UV exposure. It was found that the polymer walls containing cinnamate dimers formed by polarized UV exposure showed ordered orientation of LC molecules at the boundary of the polymer walls resulting in electro-optic performance improvement. © 2010 Optical Society of America.
- OSA - The Optical Society
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Solar Energy1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.