Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Photoinduced Alignment Based on the Blend of Poly(vinyl cinnamate) and Oligomeric Cinnamate via Linear Polarized UV Irradiation onto Groove Patterned Surface
- Photoinduced Alignment Based on the Blend of Poly(vinyl cinnamate) and Oligomeric Cinnamate via Linear Polarized UV Irradiation onto Groove Patterned Surface
- Sung, Shi-Joon; Kim, Mi Ri; Ahn, Dowon; Kim, Dae-Hwan; Kang, Jin-Kyu; Park, Jung-Ki; Cho, Kuk Young
- DGIST Authors
- Sung, Shi-Joon; Kim, Dae-Hwan; Kang, Jin-Kyu
- Issue Date
- Polymer-Korea, 34(1), 32-37
- Article Type
- Cinnamate; Linear Polarized UV; Oligomer; Photo-Alignment
- Photo-alignment property of groove patterned surface prepared from blend of poly (vinyl cinnamate) (PVCi) and oligomeric dicinnamate was investigated for the application for alignment layer of liquid crystal display. The study of the photoreaction kinetics using UV-vis spectrum with the irradiation time showed that the reaction rate of oligomeric cinnamate was enhanced compared to that of PVCi. Blend where PVCi was main component showed a slight improvement on the photoreaction rate. It was unable to obtain groove patterned surface only using oligomeric cinnamate itself owing to the high crystalline character. However, blending of PVCi made it possible to obtain clear surface pattern. Molecular orientation could be confirmed from the polar plot data. It can be suggested that blend of oligomeric cinnamate and polymeric cinnamate is promising material for the photoalignment layer.
- Polymer Society of Korea
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Solar Energy1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.