Cited 4 time in
Cited 5 time in
A reactive polythiophene for protein immobilization
- A reactive polythiophene for protein immobilization
- Kim, Hyun-Chul; Lee, Soo-Keun; Lee, Seung Woo; Jeong, Sang Won
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Hyun-Chul; Lee, Soo-Keun; Jeong, Sang Won
- Issue Date
- Polymers for Advanced Technologies, 20(3), 298-302
- Article Type
- Amine; Amines; Angle Measurement; Binding Behaviors; Biological Application of Polymers; C-Reactive Proteins; Chlorine Compounds; Chloroform Solutions; Conductive Plastics; Contact Angle; Ester Moieties; Esters; Ethanol; Film; FT-IR spectroscopy; Gold-Coated; Gold Substrates; N-Butylamine; N-Hydroxysuccinimide; Oxide Minerals; Polymers; Polythiophene; Protein; Protein Immobilization; Quartz; Quartz Cells; Sensor; Sensors; Surface Modification; Surface Plasmon Resonance; Surface Plasmon Resonance Sensor; Thiophene
- The reaction between a polythiophene with pendant N-hydroxysuccinimide ester moieties and amine-containing molecules in solution and on a surface is described. 3-(N-succinimidoacetate)thiophene was polymerized with FeCI3 in chloroform and the resulting polythiophene was characterized by NMR, FT-IR, and GPC. Both n-butylamine and 2-amino(2-ethoxy)ethanol were reacted with the polythiophene in a chloroform solution as confirmed by UV-vis and FT-IR spectroscopy. The polythiophene prepared as a film on a gold substrate was treated with the amine-containing molecules and the surface modification was investigated by contact angle measurement. Anti-CRP (C-reactive protein) was immobilized by using the reactive polythiophene on a gold-coated quartz cell and the binding behavior of CRP was monitored by using surface plasmon resonance (SPR) sensor system. Copyright © 2008 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
- JOHN WILEY & SONS LTD
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Magnet-Controlled Materials Research Group1. Journal Articles
Smart Textile Convergence Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.