Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
NUI framework based on real-time head pose estimation and hand gesture recognition
- NUI framework based on real-time head pose estimation and hand gesture recognition
- Kim, Hyunduk; Lee, Sang-Heon; Sohn, Myoung-Kyu
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, Sang-Heon; Sohn, Myoung-Kyu
- Issue Date
- 2016 8th International Conference on Computer and Automation Engineering, ICCAE 2016, 56
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- The natural user interface (NUI) is used for the natural motion interface without using device or tool such as mice, keyboards, pens and markers. In this paper, we develop natural user interface framework based on two recognition module. First module is real-time head pose estimation module using random forests and second module is hand gesture recognition module, named Hand gesture Key Emulation Toolkit (HandGKET). Using the head pose estimation module, we can know where the user is looking and what the user's focus of attention is. Moreover, using the hand gesture recognition module, we can also control the computer using the user's hand gesture without mouse and keyboard. In proposed framework, the user's head direction and hand gesture are mapped into mouse and keyboard event, respectively. © 2016 Owned by the authors, published by EDP Sciences.
- EDP Sciences
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Future Automotive Technology2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.