Cited 7 time in
Cited 7 time in
Thickness-Dependent Phonon Renormalization and Enhanced Raman Scattering in Ultrathin Silicon Nanomembranes
- Thickness-Dependent Phonon Renormalization and Enhanced Raman Scattering in Ultrathin Silicon Nanomembranes
- Lee, Seon Woo; Kim, Kang Won; Dhakal, Krishna P.; Kim, Hyun Min; Yun, Won Seok; Lee, Jae Dong; Cheong, Hyeon Sik; Ahn, Jong Hyun
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Hyun Min; Lee, Jae Dong
- Issue Date
- Nano Letters, 17(12), 7744-7750
- Article Type
- Author Keywords
- Silicon nanomembranes; Raman spectroscopy; band-structure modulation; ultralow-frequency Raman spectra
- QUANTUM-WELL; THERMAL-CONDUCTIVITY; MEMBRANES; PHOTOLUMINESCENCE; SPECTROSCOPY; CONFINEMENT; SUBSTRATE; TRANSPORT; OXIDATION
- We report on the thickness-dependent Raman spectroscopy of ultrathin silicon (Si) nanomembranes (NMs), whose thicknesses range from 2 to 18 nm, using several excitation energies. We observe that the Raman intensity depends on the thickness and the excitation energy due to the combined effects of interference and resonance from the band-structure modulation. Furthermore, confined acoustic phonon modes in the ultrathin Si NMs were observed in ultralow-frequency Raman spectra, and strong thickness dependence was observed near the quantum limit, which was explained by calculations based on a photoelastic model. Our results provide a reliable method with which to accurately determine the thickness of Si NMs with thicknesses of less than a few nanometers. © 2017 American Chemical Society.
- American Chemical Society
- Related Researcher
Light and Matter Theory Laboratory
Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics; Ultrafast Dynamics and Optics; Nonequilibrium Phenomena
There are no files associated with this item.
- Division of Biotechnology1. Journal Articles
Department of Emerging Materials ScienceLight and Matter Theory Laboratory1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.