Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
Dual Channel S-Band Frequency Modulated Continuous Wave Through-Wall Radar Imaging
- Dual Channel S-Band Frequency Modulated Continuous Wave Through-Wall Radar Imaging
- Li, Ying Chun; Oh, Dae Gun; Kim, Sun Woo; Chong, Jong Wha
- DGIST Authors
- Oh, Dae Gun
- Issue Date
- Sensors, 18(1)
- Article Type
- 3D shift invariant; TWRI; FMCW; dual channel; SAR; PARAMETERS; SYSTEM
- This article deals with the development of a dual channel S-Band frequency-modulated continuous wave (FMCW) system for a through-the-wall imaging (TWRI) system. Most existing TWRI systems using FMCW were developed for synthetic aperture radar (SAR) which has many drawbacks such as the need for several antenna elements and movement of the system. Our implemented TWRI system comprises a transmitting antenna and two receiving antennas, resulting in a significant reduction of the number of antenna elements. Moreover, a proposed algorithm for range-angle-Doppler 3D estimation based on a 3D shift invariant structure is utilized in our implemented dual channel S-band FMCW TWRI system. Indoor and outdoor experiments were conducted to image the scene beyond a wall for water targets and person targets, respectively. The experimental results demonstrate that high-quality imaging can be achieved under both experimental scenarios. © 2018 by the authors. Licensee MDPI, Basel, Switzerland.
- MDPI AG
- Related Researcher
- Convergence Research Center for Collaborative Robots1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.