Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Development and Application of Wireless Power Transmission Systems for Wireless ECG Sensors
- Development and Application of Wireless Power Transmission Systems for Wireless ECG Sensors
- Heo, Jin-Chul; Park, Jiae; Kim, Sohee; Ku, Jeonghon; Lee, Jong-Ha
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Sohee
- Issue Date
- Journal of Sensors, 2018, 1-7
- Article Type
- We investigated the variations in the magnetic field distribution and power transmission efficiency, resulting from changes in the relative positions of the transmitting and receiving coils, for electromagnetic induction-type wireless power transmission using an elliptical receive coil. Results of simulations using a high-frequency structure simulator were compared to actual measurement results. The simulations showed that the transmission efficiency could be maintained relatively stable even if the alignment between the transmitting and receiving coils was changed to some extent. When the centre of the receiving coil was perfectly aligned with the centre of the transmitting coil, the transmission efficiency was in the maximum; however, the degree of decrease in the transmission efficiency was small even if the centre of the receiving coil moved by +/- 10 mm from the centre of the transmitting coil. Therefore, it is expected that the performance of the wireless power transmission system will not be degraded significantly even if perfect alignment is not maintained. Animal experiments confirmed good ECG signals for the simulation conditions. The results suggested a standardized application method of wireless transmission in the utilization of wireless power for implantable sensors.
- Related Researcher
Neural Interfaces & MicroSystems Lab
Neural interface; Brain interface; Bio MEMS; Soft MEMS; Stretchable electronics; Zebrafish electrophysiology
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Robotics EngineeringNeural Interfaces & MicroSystems Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.