Cited 7 time in
Cited 6 time in
Thermal Annealing Effects on the Interfacial Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya Interaction Energy Density and Perpendicular Magnetic Anisotropy
- Thermal Annealing Effects on the Interfacial Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya Interaction Energy Density and Perpendicular Magnetic Anisotropy
- Cho, Jaehun; Kim, Nam Hui; Jeong, Jin Yong; Han, Dong-Soo; Swagten, Henk J. M.; Kim, June Seo; You, Chun Yeol
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, June Seo; You, Chun Yeol
- Issue Date
- IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, 54(6), 1500104
- Article Type
- Article; Proceedings Paper
- Annealing; Brillouin scattering; Cobalt compounds; Magnetism; Annealing process; Annealing temperatures; Brillouin light scattering; Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya interaction; Inversion symmetry; Perpendicular magnetic anisotropy; Thermal annealing effects; Thermal annealing process; Magnetic anisotropy
- We investigate the interfacial Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya interaction (iDMI) and the perpendicular magnetic anisotropy (PMA) in the annealed inversion symmetry breaking structures (Pt/Co (CoFeB)/AlOx and Ta/CoFeB/AlOx) by Brillouin light scattering. The iDMI energy density of Pt/Co and Pt/CoFeB samples decreases while increasing annealing temperature, but the iDMI energy density of Ta/CoFeB sample slightly increases by increasing annealing temperature. By applying the thermal annealing process, PMA energies slightly increase at the Pt/Co interface; however, Pt/CoFeB, (Ta/CoFeB) structures are dramatically decreased (increased) by the annealing process. The effects of the annealing show complicate variation for iDMI and PMA for each structure; however, we find overall weak correlations between iDMI and PMA despite different materials and annealing process. © 1965-2012 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Related Researcher
Spin Phenomena for Information Nano-devices(SPIN) Lab
Spintronics; Condensed Matter Physics; Magnetic Materials & Thin Films; Micromagnetic Simulations; Spin Nano-Devices
There are no files associated with this item.
- Intelligent Devices and Systems Research Group1. Journal Articles
Department of Emerging Materials ScienceSpin Phenomena for Information Nano-devices(SPIN) Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.