Cited 4 time in
Cited 2 time in
Characterization of a Piezoelectric AlN Beam Array in Air and Fluid for an Artificial Basilar Membrane
- Characterization of a Piezoelectric AlN Beam Array in Air and Fluid for an Artificial Basilar Membrane
- Jeon, Hye Jin; Jang, Jong Moon; Kim, Sang Won; Choi, Hong Soo
- DGIST Authors
- Choi, Hong Soo
- Issue Date
- Electronic Materials Letters, 14(2), 101-111
- Article Type
- Author Keywords
- Artificial basilar membrane (ABM); Piezoelectric; AlN; Frequency selectivity; XeF2 dry etching; Residual stress
- FREQUENCY-SELECTIVITY; COCHLEAR IMPLANTS; ACOUSTIC SENSOR; MODEL
- In this study, we present a piezoelectric artificial basilar membrane (ABM) composed of a 10-channel aluminum nitride beam array. Each beam varies in length from 1306 to 3194 μm for mimicking the frequency selectivity of the cochlea. To characterize the frequency selectivity of the ABM, we measured the mechanical displacement and piezoelectric output while applying acoustic stimulus at 100 dB sound pressure level in the range of 500 Hz–40 kHz. The resonance frequencies measured by mechanical displacement and piezoelectric output were in the range of 10.56–36.5 and 10.9–37.0 kHz, respectively. In addition, the electrical stimulus was applied to the ABMs to compare the mechanical responses in air and fluid. The measured resonance frequencies were in the range of 11.1–47.7 kHz in the air and 3.10–11.9 kHz in the fluid. Understanding the characteristics of the ABM is important for its potential use as a key technology for auditory prostheses. Graphical Abstract: [Figure not available: see fulltext.]. © 2018, The Korean Institute of Metals and Materials.
- KOREAN INST METALS MATERIALS
- Related Researcher
Bio-Micro Robotics Lab
Micro/Nano robot; Neural prostheses; MEMS; BMI; MEMS/NEMS; BioMEMS; MEMS 초음파 트랜스듀스; 인공와우
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Robotics EngineeringBio-Micro Robotics Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.