Cited 1 time in
Cited 1 time in
Effect of NiFeCr seed and capping layers on exchange bias and planar Hall voltage response of NiFe/Au/IrMn trilayer structures
- Effect of NiFeCr seed and capping layers on exchange bias and planar Hall voltage response of NiFe/Au/IrMn trilayer structures
- Talantsev, Artem; Aly, Amir Ibrahim Elzawawy; Kim, CheolGi
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, CheolGi
- Issue Date
- Journal of Applied Physics, 123(17), 173902
- Article Type
- SPACER LAYER; ANISOTROPIC MAGNETORESISTANCE; INTERFACIAL MODIFICATION; THIN-FILMS; FIELD; TEMPERATURE; SENSITIVITY; SYSTEM; SENSOR; DEPENDENCE
- Thin films and cross junctions, based on NiFe/Au/IrMn structures, were grown on Ta and NiFeCr seed layers by magnetron sputtering. The effects of substitution of Ta with NiFeCr in seed and capping layers on an exchange bias field are studied. A threefold improvement of the exchange bias value in the structures, grown with NiFeCr seed and capping layers, is demonstrated. The reasons for this effect are discussed. Formation of clusters in the NiFeCr capping layer is proved by atomic force microscopy technique. Ta replacement on NiFeCr in the capping layer results in the enhancement of magnetoresistive response and a reduction of noise. © 2018 Author(s).
- American Institute of Physics Inc.
- Related Researcher
Lab for NanoBio-MatErials & SpinTronics(nBEST)
Magnetic Materials and Spintronics; Converging Technology of Nanomaterials and Biomaterials; Bio-NEMS;MEMS
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Emerging Materials ScienceLab for NanoBio-Materials & SpinTronics(nBEST)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.