Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Temperature Aware MAC Protocol for CSMA/CA Networks in Fire Sites
- Temperature Aware MAC Protocol for CSMA/CA Networks in Fire Sites
- Kim, Young Duk; Kim, Jun Kwang; Kwon, Soon; Jung, Woo Young
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Young Duk; Kwon, Soon; Jung, Woo Young
- Issue Date
- Bulletin of Networking, Computing, Systems, and Software, 5(1), 9-11
- In this paper, we present the issue of exploiting the temperature aware frame scheduling and transmissions especially in high temperature environments such as fire and disaster sites. Since the highly tempered atmosphere by the fire makes it difficult to provide reliable frame transmissions, we propose a novel MAC protocol, called HTAM (High Temperature Aware MAC), which monitors the current temperature of each node to identify the unreliability symptom according to the predefined threshold value, and dynamically adjusts its backoff value and frame retransmission parameter. This new protocol is highly compatible with any conventional CSMA/CA based wireless networks. We also expect that the proposed protocol is suitable for mitigating the wireless link failures in fire sites thanks to the reliable channel access.
- Hiroshima University
- Related Researcher
Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Future Automotive Technology1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.