Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
스테레오 비전기반의 컬럼 검출과 조감도 맵핑을 이용한 전방 차량 검출 알고리즘
- 스테레오 비전기반의 컬럼 검출과 조감도 맵핑을 이용한 전방 차량 검출 알고리즘
- Translated Title
- Forward Vehicle Detection Algorithm Using Column Detection and Bird's-Eye View Mapping Based on Stereo Vision
- 이충희; 임영철; 권순; 김종환
- DGIST Authors
- 이충희; 임영철; 권순
- Issue Date
- 정보처리학회논문지, 18(5), 255-264
- 스테레오 비전; 차량 검출; 컬럼 검출; 조감도; 장애물체 세그멘테이션
- In this paper, we propose a forward vehicle detection algorithm using column detection and bird's-eye view mapping based on stereo vision. The algorithm can detect forward vehicles robustly in real complex traffic situations. The algorithm consists of the three steps,namely road feature-based column detection, bird's-eye view mapping-based obstacle segmentation, obstacle area remerging and vehicle verification. First, we extract a road feature using maximum frequent values in v-disparity map. And we perform a column detection using the road feature as a new criterion. The road feature is more appropriate criterion than the median value because it is not affected by a road traffic situation, for example the changing of obstacle size or the number of obstacles. But there are still multiple obstacles in the obstacle areas. Thus, we perform a bird's-eye view mapping-based obstacle segmentation to divide obstacle accurately. We can segment obstacle easily because a bird's-eye view mapping can represent the position of obstacle on planar plane using depth map and camera information. Additionally, we perform obstacle area remerging processing because a segmented obstacle area may be same obstacle.
Finally, we verify the obstacles whether those are vehicles or not using a depth map and gray image. We conduct experiments to prove the vehicle detection performance by applying our algorithm to real complex traffic situations.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Future Automotive Technology1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.