Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Characterization of Superparamagnetic Particles Mobility by On-Chip Micromagnets
- Characterization of Superparamagnetic Particles Mobility by On-Chip Micromagnets
- Goudu, Sandhya Rani; Hu, Xinghao; Lim, Byeonghwa; Kim, Kunwoo; Kim, Keonmok; Kim, Hyeonseol; Yoon, Jonghwan; Kim, CheolGi
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, CheolGi
- Issue Date
- IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, 54(6), 4700204
- Article Type
- Article; Proceedings Paper
- Micromagnet; micromagnetic simulation; superparamagnetic (SPM) particle; velocity; MANIPULATION; SEPARATION; TRANSPORT; DRIVEN; BEADS; CARGO; CELLS
- We fabricate on-chip micromagnets using Ni80Fe20 and Co70Fe30 materials for the characterization of mobility of superparamagnetic particles. The maximum velocity of the particles around the periphery of the micromagnets is determined by the critical frequency, which indicates that the particle enters the phase-slipping regime from the phase-locked regime. The maximum velocity of NiFe micromagnets is approximately 3 times larger than that of CoFe micromagnets measured at the low field regions. Moreover, the maximum velocity of the particles is decreasing with increasing the thickness of Teflon coating on the micromagnets, which is in a good agreement with the variation of the magnetostatic potential energy evaluated numerically from micromagnetic simulations. © 2018 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
Lab for NanoBio-MatErials & SpinTronics(nBEST)
Magnetic Materials and Spintronics; Converging Technology of Nanomaterials and Biomaterials; Bio-NEMS;MEMS
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Emerging Materials ScienceLab for NanoBio-Materials & SpinTronics(nBEST)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.